Monday, August 11, 2008

Gardening (Irisis in Monet's garden)



I have recently become interested in vegetable gardening. I have read and researched various methods of growing vegetables and have decided on organic. The process takes time, patience and self-restraint; qualities that I lack an abundance of. Today, I began preparing a patch of our yard for the process of conditioning the soil.
As I continue to learn about gardening I hope it becomes a spiritual act: a way to recognize how impurities take root in my life. As I was digging today I noticed that many of the roots were connected and tangled; very similar to how impatience, a lack of self-restraint and consumerism takes roots and becomes tangled and connected. Digging up roots and rocks has been a challenge but the work will pay off in green veggies and patience.


No comments: